COVID-19: 78 new cases announced in Manitoba on Monday
Two other Manitobans have died with COVID-19. Today’s death toll includes:
- a man in his 60s from Southern Health-Sante Sud (reported Saturday) linked to an unspecified variant of concern; and
- a man in his 80s from Interlake-Eastern Health Region (reported Sunday) linked to an unspecified variant of concern.
Public health officials have confirmed 464 new cases of COVID-19 since Friday: 130 cases Friday, 107 cases Saturday, 149 cases Sunday and 78 cases today. The total number of laboratory-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 62,907. The five-day COVID-19 test positive rate is 3.9% provincially and 1.7% in Winnipeg.
Of the 78 new cases in Manitoba today, 19 are in people who have been fully vaccinated. This includes:
- two new cases, one of which was not completely vaccinated in the Entre-les-Lacs-Est health region;
- 10 new cases including five not fully vaccinated in the northern health region;
- 18 new cases including 14 not fully vaccinated in Prairie Mountain Health Region;
- 36 new cases including 32 not fully vaccinated in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region; and
- 12 new cases including seven not fully vaccinated in the Winnipeg health region.
Today’s data also shows:
- 1,071 active cases and 60,599 people recovered from COVID-19;
- 83 Manitobans hospitalized with COVID-19 including 58 people with active COVID-19 as well as 25 people who are no longer contagious;
- a total of 20 Manitoba patients receiving intensive care for COVID-19, including 16 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as four people who are no longer contagious but continue to require intensive care;
- 2,130 laboratory tests were carried out yesterday, bringing the total number of laboratory tests carried out since early February 2020 to 1,073,161; and
- the total number of deaths among people with COVID-19 is 1,237.
Three outbreaks have been declared at the following facilities, which have been moved to critical level (red) on the #RestartMB pandemic response system:
- Springs Christian Academy Lagimodiere Campus, Winnipeg (Grades 1-6 have switched to distance learning);
- Benito Personal Care Home, Benito; and
- Light of the Northern Alliance Church, Thompson.
The outbreak in the grade 6 class from St. Augustine to Brandon has been declared over.
Potential exposure locations are listed online by region on the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System web page. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in the regions, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/flights.html#event and click on your region.
Additional data is available at https://geoportal.gov.mb.ca/. Data related to COVID-19, variants of concern, outbreaks and some downloadable and historical data can also be found on this site.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, including the online screening tool, test criteria and locations, self-isolation requirements, public health fundamentals, and level d Provincial Response to the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System, visit www.manitoba .ca / COVID19.