COVID-19: only four active cases in Steinbach
Three other Manitobans have died with COVID-19. Today’s death toll includes:
- a man in his thirties from the Winnipeg Health Region linked to the variant of concern B.1.1.7 (alpha);
- a man in his 60s from Prairie Mountain Health Region linked to the alpha variant of concern; and
- a man in his 60s from Prairie Mountain Health Region.
As of Friday, 75.9% of Manitobans had received the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, while 55.2% had received two doses.
Public health officials have confirmed 74 new cases of COVID-19 in our province. However, two cases were deleted due to data corrections. This brings the net number of new cases today to 72 and the total number of laboratory-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 56,739. Of these, 74 new cases, 13 are in the Southern Health – Santé Sud health region, including one in Hanover. The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 5.1% provincially and 4.6% in Winnipeg.
Of the 74 cases reported today, COVID-19 data shows:
- 22 new cases in Interlake East health region;
- five new cases in the northern health region;
- one new case in Prairie Mountain Health Region;
- 13 new cases in the Southern Health – Santé Sud health region; and
- 33 new cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
- 1,030 active cases and 54,549 people recovered from COVID-19;
- 141 Manitobans hospitalized with COVID-19 in Manitoba and neighboring provinces, including:
– 52 people hospitalized in Manitoba with active COVID-19 as well as 85 people hospitalized with COVID-19 who are no longer contagious, for a total of 137 hospitalizations;
- a total of 37 Manitoba patients receiving intensive care for COVID-19, including:
– 14 people in intensive care units in Manitoba with active COVID-19 as well as 19 people with COVID-19 who are no longer contagious but continue to require intensive care, for a total of 33 ICU patients in Manitoba; and
– four Manitoban patients in intensive care units outside the province, all in Ontario;
- 41 patients who previously received ICU care outside of the province have now returned to Manitoba hospitals for additional care; and
– no COVID-19 patient was transported out of the province for treatment yesterday;
- 1,465 lab tests were performed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests performed since early February 2020 to 842,723; and
- the total number of deaths among people with COVID-19 is 1,160.
Possible exposure locations are listed online by region on the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System web page. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in the regions, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/flights.html#event and click on your region.
Additional data on variants of concern is updated Tuesday through Saturday at https://geoportal.gov.mb.ca/. Data related to COVID-19, outbreaks and some downloadable and historical data can also be found on this site.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, including the online screening tool, test criteria and locations, self-isolation requirements, public health fundamentals and level of Provincial Response to the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System, visit www.manitoba .ca / COVID19.